DinoLand U.S.A. originally started as a small highway town where an amateur fossil-hunter found some dinosaur bones in 1947. After contacting some scientist friends, they gathered their money together to purchase the site. Since then, scientist, volunteers and grad students have been living there trying to find answers about dinosaurs. The Dino Institute was founded and opened the site as a "fossil discover park". An old fishing lodge on the property became the Restaurantosaurus. Meanwhile, the Dino Institute discovered how to warp vehicles through time, and thus started doing time tours.
Chester and Hester, two locals, were determined to make a quick buck and converted their gas station into a fossil souvenir shop. Not to be out done by the Dino Institute, they created their own version of DINOSAUR named Primeval Whirl. They also added Triceratop Spin and the midway games.
- Dinosaur, an indoor attraction based on the 2000 computer animated film of the same name.
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- Fossil Fun Games
- Primeval Whirl
- The Boneyard Playground
- TriceraTop Spin
- Cretaceous Trail, a small garden that includes statues of dinosaurs like Corythosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Velociraptor, Struthiomimus, Albertosaurus, Leptoceratops, and a head of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Tarzan Rocks! (1999–2006)
- Journey into the Jungle Book
- The 1999 Dinosaur Jubilee
- Chester & Hester's Dinosaur Treasures
- Dino Institute Shop